-› Star CloudPRNT
How to set up a Star CloudPRNT
printer to print from any device on any network using SplitAbility POS.
Perform a "Self Test" to check the settings of the printer:
- Hold down the feed button and switch the printer on.
- The printer will print out two tickets.
- The first contains the printer settings, a short time after the second will give the interface settings of the printer.
Set the printer to use a static IP address:
- Connect the CloudPRNT printer to the router or LAN using an Ethernet Cat 5 or Cat 6 patch cable (RJ45 connector).
- Perform a "Self Test" on the printer, see above procedure, the printer will claim a dynamic IP address.
- Browse to the printer: e.g. In a browser URL: http://192.168.0.123 (Use the IP address of printer).
- Log in using the default username “root”, password “public”.
- Network Configuration -› CloudPRNT.
- CloudPRNT -› Enable.
- Server URL https://cloudprnt.appspot.com/out
- Poll Time 1 - 5 Seconds.
- Submit and Save the printer settings then exit.
Set SplitAbility to send CloudPRNT prints:
- Setting - Admin - Printing.
- Add CloudPRNT printers as required.
For troubleshooting or to reset a Star printer to factory default settings: